- Install VS Code Version 1.27 or later and local Microclimate Version 18.12 or later.
- Install Microclimate Developer Tools for VS Code from the VS Code Marketplace, or by searching for
Microclimate in the VS Code Extensions view.
- Open the Microclimate view in the Explorer view group, or enter
Focus on Microclimate into the Command Palette.
- If you do not see the Microclimate view in either the Explorer or the Command Palette, the extension did not install correctly.
- Connect to your local Microclimate instance. Right-click anywhere in the view and select New Default Local Microclimate Connection. You can also run this command from the Command Palette.
- If your Microclimate instance is not running on port 9090, use the non-default New Microclimate Connection command.
- For more information on working with connections, see Connection commands.
- When the connection succeeds, a list of your Microclimate projects appears in the Microclimate view. The project and build states update in sync with Microclimate.
- Open your
microclimate-workspace or a project within the workspace as your VS Code workspace. The tools offer to open the workspace for you if it’s not open already.
You are now ready to use the tools. Right-click a project in the Microclimate tree or enter
Microclimate into the Command Palette to look at the features available.