Creating a personal access token in GitLab
To create a personal access token for Jenkins to access the microservice projects in GitLab:
- In a web browser, log in to GitLab with the user account that Jenkins needs to access GitLab. Typically, this is a system or build identity, but can be your personal account for testing purposes.
- Access your personal settings by clicking on your user icon, and then click Settings.
- Click Access Tokens.
- Give the Token a name that describes the purpose of the token.
- Add the
- Click Create personal access token, and leave the window open.
- Important: Copy and save your token. You have access only once to the GitLab personal access token.